Fight colds and flu no more with my daily secret tip that’s also super easy. No more flu shots and no more antibiotics that can kill all your good bacteria as well.
So how come we are more prone to the flu during winter?
Cold weather is a thriving season for bacteria. During warmer weather, air can hold more water vapor & so there is more humidity. But come winter when its colder outside there is less water vapor in the air and therefore less humidity. Studies have shown that the flu survives and spreads better when air is dry.
Recently while traveling in India, I felt sad for my best friend’s daughter, a busy young professional who was constantly struggling with colds. When I returned to canada, a yoga teacher I know told me she has been battling a cold for several days. Wherever I looked I saw too many people struggling with colds and the flu. I shared my secret with them in person, and in this post with all of you. I have not had a cold in 3 years and I also haven’t had a sick day to battle a cold either 🙂
Here’s my secret – Oil pulling an ancient Ayurvedic method of detoxing and rejuvenating the body. All you do is literally swish oil around in your mouth, much like you would do with mouthwash.
- Put a teaspoon of oil in your mouth, and swish it around for anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes. Pick from these oils -coconut, sesame, sunflower. Personally I like sesame oil due to its non freezing property & its unctuous ability to really coat my mouth.
- Spit it out into your garbage. Don’t spit into sink because it can clog your pipes.
- Rinse your mouth out with water.
- About an hour later you’ll find yourself spitting out mucus thus clearing your throat even more without any invasive intervention.
- if you gag with oil as my friend’s daughter did, then just hold the oil in your mouth, you don’t have to gargle. You will still see results.
- If you find it hard to make time for this practice, attach it to one of your existing daily routines. time saving tip – do this in the shower so you fit it in with an already existing routine.
- You do have to do this daily for some weeks to see the benefits.
Studies show that oil pulling can reduce the amount of S. mutans (germs) in the teeth and mouth. Thanks to the slick surface the oil creates (just like in your frying pan), oil keeps bacteria from getting a good hold in your body.
Other studies found actual “saponification” or cleansing effects that literally get rid of bacteria and fungus that can cause anything from bad breath to sore throats.
Try this out for a week. let me know how goes.
There you go..From whiter teeth to reduced colds, the benefits of this ancient tried, tested and true detox are huge.. I speak from experience and am sharing this tip so you also can live healthy without being struck immobile with colds and the flu. do try it out. And let me know.