‘You are a breath of fresh air!’ said a stranger on a phone conversation last night.. He found it surprising how I keep up my attitude despite some pretty serious setbacks in life!!
‘You are a joy to be around!’, exclaimed my coworker today! There’s too much negativity in life. Its great to see your joyful nature she said.
‘You are so positive!’, commented my sweet yoga participant, as she stopped by my desk to ask how my car was doing! When I laughingly explained how I was stranded and how it was bitterly cold. While my phone died and my car battery died at the same time!
Now dear reader, these words were too much of a coincidence from the universe. There was a message in all of this. That came out loud and clear. And that was..to carry on the women’s week theme..to write a post today about the power of the positive.
There is a good deal of research out there that you can find on the positive. But I’m not going to walk the research talk today. I’m here to share what positivity does for me. And what it can also do for you.
- Positive is magnetic.
- Positive is fun, light-hearted, and playful.
- A positive nature draws people in without even trying.
- Positive is energy that’s upward moving. Its light, frothy and bubbly.
- Positive is mostly never serious. A positive person doesn’t take herself too seriously.
- It makes me feel giddy, happy and joyful and able to ride the somewhat bumpy waves of life with ease.
- Negativity can keep you interested only so long & then it gets boring. Hanging out with positive people makes you feel good.
- A positive attitude raises your energy level and vibrations to match with the vibrations of the universe. You knew this was coming right 🙂 this is a yoga blog after all!
Here I am with my siblings.. My lovely aunt brought us these amazing gifts all the way from the US to Delhi. My brother got a rocket. My sister a pretty doll in a cradle. While someone helped themselves to my doll. My parents bought me a cloth doll to take her place. Did that make me happy? You bet it did. My toothy smile says it all.
When you are joyful, when you say yes to life and have fun and project positivity all around you, you become a sun in the center of every constellation, and people want to be near you.”
― Shannon L. Alder
Wouldn’t you like to shine warm and bright like the sun? Then why not try this. Take on positivity, even if just for a few minutes. See how it feels. Pop me a note to tell me how that felt..I’d like to share and enjoy your positivity just as I’m sure you enjoyed reading about the power of the positive in this post..