Sweet and sour! fresh and succulent pineapples are the main ingredient in this no-fuss no-dressing salad. Cucumbers, thinly sliced red onions and a dash of crushed pepper flakes round off this amazing salad.
Last Monday my workplace brought in a juice bar. After filling up on all the fresh fruits juiced right in front of us, there were leftovers fruits.. Oranges and kiwis went fast. There didn’t seem to be many takers for the whole pineapple. I took a green one home. It was ripe just in time for today’s salad. Its also super easy to cut pineapple. See instructions in a helpful link below. So don’t let the pineapple skin deter you. I hope you’ll get to try this refreshing salad.
2 cups chopped pineapple
1 cup peeled and chopped seedless cucumber
½ cup thinly sliced red onions
1 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
½ tsp crushed red chilli flakes
|Serves 2||Pots n pans
• Wash pineapple. Cut into 2 cm cube chunks. Check this helpful site on how to easily cut pineapple.
• Wash and peel cucumber. Cut into big cubes, about 2 cm size chunks same as pineapple.
• Peel onion. Slice thinly.
• Add cilantro and crushed chili flakes.
• Toss everything together. Serve cold or room temperature. I love it by itself or with crackers, or rice.
Years ago every Saturday a group of children would gather at a home for singing lessons with me. All that lung exercise would make us very hungry after class. The hostess would generously prepare lunch for everyone. This recipe(a bit modified by me) is courtesy her kitchen.
–Soul of Spice –